Friday, October 21, 2011

"And try Me now in this"

This has been a hectic month. My hubby received a new job working as the youth pastor at the church I grew up in as a child, which in turn is allowing us to relocate to a new home. Yay! I love where we live now but very excited about the new place as well. We have been painting and cleaning at the new place for the past week. Today they are tearing out old carpet and next week putting in new stuff. Tomorrow we move all our little stuff over next weekend all the big stuff. Its kinda crazy around here.

Here is a few pics on what's been going on.
About a month ago, when it was still in the 80s, I took Charli to the Nature Center. They have put in a whole new kids area.


She got to build things


bang on things



get messy in a MASIVE sand box


And try to figure out how this shovel worked.



We went to the Buhler Frolic, Charli got to see her first parade, and I bought my hubby his first potato gun (regretting that one haha). It was a beautiful day out.

Since we are moving and it frosted, we went out and picked all our green tomatoes off our four plants to save and turn red. Here is a look at our bounty



And the weirdest one


I was reading Malachi 3 the other day and verse 10 has really been on my mind

" "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, 
That there may be food in My house, 
And try Me now in this," 
Says the Lord of hosts, 
"If I will not open for you the windows of 
heaven 
And pour out for you such blessing 
That there will not be room enough to 
receive it. "

I think so many times I/we get stuck on blessings being money, to pay off bills, go buy nice stuff or whatever one does with it. Thats what society has conditioned us to believe, that money is everything. That day we were picking our tomatoes I had a laugh out loud moment, literally. This verse came to mind as I was filling up a third brown grocery bag of tomatoes. "there will not be room enough to receive it" Where are we suppose to put all these tomatoes while we wait for them to turn red?!?! What a blessing. I felt this was quite the literal example of this verse. As for now we are rotating them, inside, outside, warm spots, in the sun. Trying all the tricks recommended to us. We will be making alot of salsa, spaghetti/pizza sauce and diced tomatoes. I have to remind myself that the Lord's blessings come in so many different ways.

How has your fall been so far? 
It wont be long until Nov. 
Time is going to fast. 

No comments: