Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Updates

I just noticed I have not written anything at all over the winter months. Well, if you want to call it winter at all. 

First things first, I gave birth to this handsome fellow a couple of weeks ago


I could stare at him all day...

Birth went so smoothly with him. I started to have contractions when I woke up that morning around 7:30, which I thought were just Braxton Hicks. According to my 'timeing' calculations I wasn't due until the end of March, I was off. They began to get worse throughout the morning, so I drank a ton of water and got into a position to relax my body and mind. Then my husband decided we should call the midwife just to have her look at me (we really did not think he was coming that day at all!). That was around 9:30. We arrived at the birthing center at 10:30 she took a look at me and told us I was dilated to a nine! And was going to have the baby! I started to feel the need to push a little after 11 and our amazingly handsome son was born at 11:28. We were homeward bound about four hours later where I was able to rest in my own bed (and recliner). 

Right after having him (he didn't come out with a bonnet)

Yes, using a midwife at the birthing center restricted me  from using an epidural, my choice, yes. I don't regret it one bit. That was the most amazing experience ever. Along side the birth of my daughter in which I did have an epidural. Both births were so different and yet so amazing. If we have another, I think I will do without the epidural. Plus, they say that each baby comes faster than the last. My daughter was here within 2 hours of pushing, my son within 28 min of pushing, not sure we will make it out the door of our house if I have another. Ha! 

Too much information?

Over the past few months I have had a few great goals of getting caught up on my scrapbooking before he was born. ALOT of scrapbooking. 

I was very successful at getting nothing done. 

This week I was feeling rather ambitious and decided that I'm going to start and finish my daughter's first year scrapbook. Start my son's first year scrapbook and begin a scrapbook for our everyday pictures as well. Shutterfly.com had free shipping if you ordered $30 or more so I took advantage of it. I ordered 350+ pictures, that should get me caught up on what I want. 

I am super excited about the new materials I'm going to use for everyday pictures. Has anyone heard of Project Life by Becky Higgins? Well, I have been following The Mom Creative for some time now and just about every Tues. she post a Project Life page or pages she has completed.  Here is a sample of one of her pages


You can find close ups of this layout on THIS POST.

Project Life is meant for quick scrapbooking. Not having to create massive page layouts (which I'm still doing for my kiddo's first year books). But, instead you can create multiple miniature layouts like this one 


Found over at MIRIAM'S BLOG which has some beautiful layouts,
whom I just discovered today via the PROJECT LIFE LINK UP
in which I hope to be joining in a couple of weeks. 

Click on some of the links I posted and check out more on Project Life, if you are interested in a bit of a quicker and easier way to scrap your photos. I get my kit on Thurs. and hopefully my pictures will be here some time next week! What have you scrapped recently?

Spring is officially here! Im assuming anyway since we had to Spring our clocks forward. Our garden is almost tilled up. We have to sharpen the blades and then we will be able to till the rest up. I can't wait to see what prospers this year! I haven't had much luck with big gardens (because I didn't have time to take care of them; now that I'm home, I'll be able to tend to this one everyday. And of course take lots of pictures of my kiddos helping me! 

Have a great week!

Your pal,
Chelsey

PS I'm going to try and update on a regular basis, sorry for slacking

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Love all of this! I have been wanting to get stuff together for all of Mathias' first year pics too, but haven't known what to do exactly. Thanks for sharing all of that, it will be so helpful! Is shutterfly still having the free shipping thing?? Printing the pictures is always my least favorite part b/c it ends up costing more than I expect it to... :) So glad you're having a blast with your two precious babies!

Chelsey said...

Ya they are still having their free shipping! Although you can order through them and have walgreens or walmart print them and it wont cost shipping. I just don't want to drive to either of those places lol. If you don't have an account with them and sign up you will get 50 free prints! They have great sales be sure to sign up for them to email you and you will get alot of offers for free stuff like photo books and what nots.

Nirupama said...

Wow. Congratulations on your precious baby boy. Blessings to him. I totally agree with you on the epidural. I got one at the last minute with my daughter and I still regret it. I felt everything with my son and I really missed that. The mid wife experience sounds interesting.
Good luck on your scrapbooking. I'd say take it slow. It is easy to get overwhelmed. I like doing project life currently and then going back to older layouts when I get time. It is also really easy to do catch up pages with the project life page protectors. Good luck. Thanks for visiting my blog.